Approach to the treatment of aging begins with understanding the skin changes with age. As the skin ages, there is a progressive slowing down of skin turn-over resulting in dull skin with increasing sunspots and age spots. In addition, collagen and elastin production also slows down resulting in thin skin that begins to wrinkle.
Factors that contribute to the appearance of aging skin:
- UV damage from the sun accelerates collagen break-down and causes hyperpigementation injury to the skin.
- Gradual reduction of fat cells in the deeper skin layers causes loose, saggy skin, with more pronounced lines and crevices. Loss of fat in the cheeks, temples, and around the eyes results in a sunken, skeletal appearance to the face
- Gradual gravity effect on the skin can shift fat and saggy skin around the jaw areas creating a boxy appearance of the face. In addition, gravity effects areas around the eyebrows, eyelids and cheeks with a resulting “melting” effect of the aging skin.
- Over time, there is a decrease in the production of natural oils, resulting in dry itchy skin. Dry, dull skin further accentuates skin wrinkling.
- Smoking will accelerate the skin aging process
Changes in skin texture resulting in a wrinkled, rough appearance:
There are various options available to treat and improve the appearance of the aging skin.
A successful anti-aging treatment program successful begins with a detailed skin analysis. Specialized skin analysis under 6 different light conditions, including UV light will identify the areas of photodamage and greatest degree of collagen and elastin loss.
Once a proper assessment and diagnosis of your skin has been performed, your specific anti-aging treatment will target all the major factors that contribute to the appearance of your aging skin.
The key steps in the treatment of the aging skin include treating age spots and uneven skin tone, promoting collagen and elastin production to improve fine lines and wrinkles, tightening loose skin and treating fat deposit along the jawline.
- TREATING AGE SPOTS AND UNEVEN SKIN TONE;
- Topical retinoids treatment for aging skin in a high-quality medical grade formulation that improves the absorption. Over time the use can increase skin turn-over, slow collagen breakdown and improve overall skin tone.
- Complexion blending Chemical peels: utilizes a high concentration of medical grade chemicals to target and reduce brown spots, shrink pore size, improve skin texture and improve fine lines and wrinkles associated with the aging skin.
- Red LED therapy can gradually improve pigmentation injury and even skin tone
- Non-Ablative laser treatment can be used to gently remove the damage surface layers of your skin for a smoother, more even complexion
- Age-modifying chemical peels: specialized combinations of beta hydroxyl and alpha hydroxyl acids as well as brightening agents can be applied to the skin in a medical grade, pH-controlled formulation to provide intense exfoliation and skin brightening.
- Dermal Infusion: This procedure will deeply clean and exfoliate your skin for a healthy glow. At the same time this procedure will suction and unclog your pores while infusing powerful age fighting solution with vitamin C and skin brightening agents for a healthy glow. Restoring a youthful appearance to the aging skin.
- COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY:
- Skin Microneedling uses multiple small needles to pierce the skin. This micro-injury forces the skin to heal in an organized manner, stimulating collagen and elastin. This is highly effective for treating surface imperfections, including rough skin, fine lines and wrinkles. It can be applied particularly around the eyes where laser therapy cannot be applied. The resulting treatment of the aging skin results in smoother, tighter with an overall improvement in texture, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Using targeted laser energy the dermal layer of the aging skin can be selectively heated to stimulate collagen and tighten pores for an overall smoother appearance.
- SKIN TIGHTENING AND FAT REDUCTION:
- Radiofrequency Skin tightening: Bipolar radiofrequency treatment of the aging skin is designed to gently heat the dermal layer of the skin. An excellent way to stimulate collagen for an overall skin tightening effect. This treatment is safe for all skin types.
- Low level red and Infrared light Phototherapy uses non-thermal and non-invasive light. This gentle treatment can be applied to the aging skin to reduce fat deposits around the jawline, stimulate collagen and improve skin complexion. It is often used in combination with radiofrequency therapy for optimal beneficial effects.
- ANTI-TOXIN AND DERMAL FILLERS:
- Expertly administered Botox treatment to target muscle groups is designed for the individual patient to treat wrinkles, while avoiding a “frozen” undesirable look
- Dermal fillers expertly applied to deep wrinkles and thinning lips can greatly enhance a youthful appearance in a way that appears natural and refreshed.:
Book a free consultation with us today and discuss your anti-aging needs. Enrolling in a monthly skin program is a great way to delay your skin’s aging process and keep your skin at optimal health. Regularly scheduled skin maintenance can avoid the need for radical surgical interventions down the road.