This is the most advanced fractional thermo-mechanical procedure for the skin, providing anti-ageing improvements on skin tone and texture for a more youthful appearance. This procedure delivers results that are comparable to deep skin peels and intensive laser treatments, with much less downtime, less pain and faster recovery times.
Tixel® gives extraordinary results in treating a wide range of conditions. Traditionally hard to treat areas like around the eye or neck are effectively treated with this procedure. This device does not risk damage to the eyes, no protective eyewear is required and the treatment can cover the entire eyelid, right up to the lash lines.
Ablative Skin Treatment; Tixel and CO2 Laser: Similarities and Differences
The tixel device can deliver full ablative skin treatments, similar to CO2 lasers (with much less downtime) with dramatic skin tightening and rejuvenation after 1 treatment. Recovery time for fully ablative tixel treatment is 2-3 days, while CO2 recovery may take up to 2 weeks. In addition, since there is no risk of eye injury with tixel, it is possible to treat around the eyes, even very close to the eyelashes, without eye protection or risk to the eyes. CO2 lasers will require corneal shields (metal shields that go under the eyelids) should treatment be performed within the bony orbit around the eye. There will remain the possibility of eye injury from the metal shields.
Medium Ablative Skin Treatment
Medium abrasive treatments can deliver similar results to fully ablative treatments after 3-6 treatments, with less than 24 hours recovery time. This is perfect for those that want to keep recovery time to the minimal and prefer a more gradual and less dramatic improvement in skin tone and texture.
Biorejuvenation of the skin using topical solutions can deliver a holistic approach to anti-aging skin rejuvenation. The tixel device can be applied to the skin to open up channels for topical drug delivery deep into the skin. We can then apply patient derived PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma) or PRF (platelet Rich Fibrin) that is rich in growth factors to accelerate healing and collagen formation. In addition other specific medications can be delivered to the skin to treat conditions such as acne, hyperpigmentation, melasma and rosacea.
What Skin Problems Can Tixel Treat?
- Skin Texture problems such as large pores and acne scars
- Aging skin such as fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin (including eye wrinkles and eye bags; Neck wrinkles and sagging skin)
- Hyperpigmentation including uneven skin tone, melasma and sun-damage
- Rosacea and blotchy skin
- Stretch Marks
What Areas Can be Treated:
Tixel treatment can be applied to all areas of the body including the delicate eye area, the neck, back of the hands, face, neck and chest.
How Do I Prepare For My Appointment:
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your scheduled procedure.
- If the area of concern has hair, you will need to shave the area a dat prior to your scheduled treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores or herpes infection, you may require preventative cream or medication following your procedure.
What Happens at My Appointment:
- We review your medical history and highlight your chief complaint
- We perform a skin diagnostic digital examination
- Your skin is cleansed and a prescription strength topical numbing cream is applied for 45 minutes.
- During the procedure you will experience a warm sensation on the skin with minimal pain and discomfort.
- 5. A cooling serum may be applied at the conclusion of the procedure
What Are The Risks and Side Effects:
- Mild redness and swelling may occur after treatment, this is much more common with abaltive skin treatments.
- Experiencing warmth and tingling is common during and after the procedure.
- You may experience the feeling of a mild sun-burn, do not scratch or pick at your skin while healing. Avoid strenuous activity and makeup for 24 hours to avoid skin irritation.
- There may be a mild crusting and scabbing for 1-3 days, but the skin should be fully healed in 5 days.
You skin begins to improve around 2 weeks after your treatment, however maximal results will take up to 3 to 6 months. You may need 1 to 4 sessions depending on the intensity of your treatment.
When you are ready to explore the most advanced thermomechanical skin rejuvenation in DC, schedule an appointment to see if Tixel is the right treatment for you.