The aging process in the genital-perineal area and adjacent areas takes place in the same way as the rest of the body. With aging, there is a loss of collagen and elastin, and firmness of the skin. Another effect of aging is hyperpigmentation or darkening of the skin, including the skin around the external genital and inner thigh area. This hyperpigmention is a result of aging, genetic predisposition, and hormonal changes. Individuals with type IV phototype or darker, have an increased prevalance of hyperpigmentation. The increase in estrogen activity also stimulates an increase in tyrosinase which increases melanin production, and leads to excess hyperpigmentation.
External factors like repeat irritation from shaving, waxing or friction can also cause darkening of the intimate area. When darkening is due to repeat shaving the best approach is to consider laser hair removal as a means o permanently reduce hair in that region.
Many patients, regardless of ethnicity, can develop areas of hyperpigmentation in the intimate areas of their body. This includes vaginal skin , vulva, perianal area, and inner thighs. As you can imagine this delicate skin must be handled with utmost sensitivity and care. Only specialized skin products can be applied to such sensitive skin.
This intimate lightening system is produced by Mesoestectic, the markers of the depigmentation “Cosmelan MD” skin lightening protocol. It is a professional depigmentation method for the intimate area. Developed specifically for the genital-perineal, perianal area, mons pubis, inner thighs and groins. Unique for its dual, intensive corrective action that regulates pigmentation imperfections. Many patients will see results visible in a single clinical session.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
This intimate skin lightening can be applied to the genital-perineal area, peri-anal area, the groin, inner thighs, mons pubis.
What Can I Expect From My Appointment:?
This treatment happens in 2 stages.
Stage 1 in-office:
The treatment in the Office involves 5 key steps.
- Step 1: cleanse and protect: The treatment area is cleansed with lukewarm water and mesolips protector is applied to sensitive areas to avoid irritation or migration of the solution.
- Step 2: Peeling Dermamelan intimate peeling solution is then applied with gauze to the areas to be treated. The peeling solution is left on for 7 minutes.
- Step 3: Neutralizing involves spraying the post-peel neutralizing solution to terminate the peeling process
- Step 4: Treatment mask: involves applying a large layer of dermamelan intimate mask to the treatment area.
- Step 5: Cover up involves placing the occlusive film over the treatment area to facilitatee the action of the active ingredients and prevent them from migrating out of the area. The mask is left on for 2 hours and then removed at home.
Stage 2 Home treatment:
At home, the dermamelan intimate occlusive film and mask are removed (2 hours after placed in the office) and washed with lukewarm water and an intimate cleansing gel to ensure complete removal of the product. The post-procedure crystal fiber intimate mask is placed over the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes.
Forty-eight hours after the placement of the original dermamelan intimate mask at the office, one or two applications of dermamelan intimate home depigmenting gel cream is applied each day to the treatment area for 2 to 3 months.
We schedule a zoom appointment 1 week after your office treatment. This provides an opportunity to monitor your response and direct the home care treatment.
If you are considering Intimate Area Skin Lightening, book a consultation with us today.