Chemical peels improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. An aesthetic medicine specialist will apply a custom chemical peel to exfoliate damaged, rough and wrinkled skin to reveal brighter and more even toned skin.. This will cause the outer layer of your skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The newly regenerated skin is therefore smoother with less wrinkling. This new skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
Not all chemical peels are the same. At AnewSkin, we customize your medical grade chemical peel to achieve a brighter, tighter and younger skin.
The level of prescription strength chemical peel we employ will vary depending on your skin tone. It will also depend on your skin texture and skin elasticity. In addition, we will always take into account your skin condition. Our peels can be superficial, medium or deep. This corresponds to treatment at the outer, middle or deep middle layers of your skin respectively.
Poorly administered chemical peels can cause scarring and hyper-pigmentation. This will worsen your skin’s condition. That is why we perform a detailed skin examination before any prescription strength chemical peel. This ensures that the right peel at the right strength is selected for optimal safety and maximal benefit.
Following all of our chemical peel treatment we apply LED light therapy treatment. This will help your skin recovers faster. In addition LED light treatment will stimulate collagen and further diminish pigmented lesions.
Superficial Chemical Peels:
This level of custom chemical peel will penetrate only the outer skin layer. As a result, there is a gentle exfoliation of your skin that will improve mild skin discoloration. Skin texture can also be treated and rough skin can become more refreshed. This kind of peel can also be performed using our physician formulated all natural skin peels from the comfort of your home. Try our single use all natural, skin peeling customized kit
This level of custom chemical peel will penetrate the outer and middle layer of your skin and remove damaged skin cells. As a result, the appearance of the skin is improved. A medium custom chemical peel will treat mild skin discoloration for a more even tone. In addition your skin texture is improved and any rough skin will appear more polished.
This level of custom chemical peel will deeply penetrate the middle layer of your skin. The chemicals will remove damaged cells. As a result, this type of peel will improve moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars.
Benefits of a chemical Peel:
- Peels can make your skin—and skin-care serums—work better. Your skin-care products perform better after a peel because there are no dead cells reducing their penetration.
- Peels are low-risk, and you can get a custom peel. There are chemical peels that are safe to use on every skin type without the risk of hyperpigmentation. Each solution is tweaked to address your unique skin.
- The right peel can treat acne and soften the scars that come with it. Acid solutions will dive deep into skin to unclog pores. As a result, blackheads are dissolved and post-acne marks are slowly faded.
- A peel can effectively treat melasma. There is no permanent cure for melasma, but chemical peels offers the best fighting chance. Laser therapy using heat energy to treat a light- and heat-sensitive condition may actually worsen melasma.
- A peel can treat fine lines and wrinkles: A By increasing collagen production in the deeper layers, a chemical peel improves skin elasticity. In addition, fine lines and wrinkles will slowly improve.
What happens after a Chemical peel:
The peeling process begins 2-3 days after your treatment. It can last 5 to 7 days. It is important to avoid picking and peeling the skin. Keep your skin soothed and moisturized.
How many treatments do I need?
Most patients will need multiple treatments, usually a series of 3 is typical. Monthly chemical peel skin renewal paired with LED light stimulation is an excellent way to maintain a healthy skin. Peel away superficial blemishes and stimulate collagen for a monthly fee of $350. This includes either 1 Jessner Peel, 1 Glow Skin Peel or 1 Vi Precision Plus Peel and 2 LED light sessions.
What Skin Types Can be Treated?
We are skilled in chemical peels for all skin types, from very light to very dark skin types. We safely perform chemical peels on African American Skin.
Visit us for your medical grade chemical peel in DC today. We perform Glycolic Acid Peels, TCA Peels, Jessner peels and Vi Peels. We utilize other peel formulations such as Lactic Acid Peels and Retinoic Acid peels. In addition, various custom combination chemical peels are available.
Prices start at $200 and will vary depending on your individual needs and the depth of the chemical peel.
You may review individual chemical peel procedure prices here